Faculty, Graduate Students and Staff Borrowing Policy
To maximize the use of, and access to, all materials and resources owned by the University Library, the following borrowing policies are in effect.
- Faculty, graduate students and staff are required to present a valid University of Saskatchewan I.D. card or a library issued card for the purpose of borrowing material or for requesting access to other library services. Lost or stolen I.D. or library cards should be immediately reported to the Checkout Desk to protect against unauthorized borrowing.
- All current faculty, graduate students and staff at the University of Saskatchewan are eligible to borrow material from any branch of the University Library. These borrowers are restricted to a borrowing limit of 150 items and have full access to the Reserve Collections.
- Note that the availability of extended loans is not campus wide. Inquire at your branch library about whether extended loan privileges are available. If available, faculty, graduate students and staff receive an extended term loan on any item which normally circulates for 30 days. At the end of the extended loan period, items must be renewed or returned. 30 day loan items are eligible for 2 renewals. Items on extended loan are subject to recall after the initial 7 day guaranteed loan period.
- Faculty, graduate students and staff have full access to Interlibrary Loans.
- Faculty, graduate students and staff have full access to the library's licensed electronic resources.
Library Notices and Email Policy
- Library notices will be emailed to your U of S email account. The email policy applies to all library borrowers.
Loan Periods and Fees
- Loan and fee policy
If in doubt - Ask us ! We are here to assist you.