Paying for Printing
The Campus Print Accounting System (CPAS) provides printing, copying and scanning services for students and other library users.
You can add credit to your printing account from your PAWS My Printing channel. If you do not have access to PAWS, you can access your CPAS account directly to check your account details, redeem a pre-loaded printing card, transfer printing credits to another person, review your transaction history, and view printing rates.
There are two ways to add credits to your printing account:
Purchase printing credits online using all major credit cards, VISA debit and MasterCard debit in $1, $5, and $10 denominations.
Purchase a pre-loaded card with printing credits in $5, $10, and $20 denominations using cash, debit, or credit card from the following locations:
Photocopying is the same price as printing and is paid from your printing account.
For more information about printing on campus see the ICT printing & photocopying Knowledge Base article.
$0.10 per side for black and white
$0.25 per side for colour
*printers are automatically set to double-sided printing
Find a Printer
Print from my Laptop
You can print from your own laptop, or one of our laptops for loan, to any CPAS printer using the campus wireless network.
Library laptops are set-up for wireless printing on campus. Get instructions on setting up wireless printing on your laptop (requires NSID login).
USask alumni can print from the alumni computers in:
- Murray Library - four computers
- Education & Music Library - four computers
- Engineering Library - two computers
- Law Library - one computer
Alumni can scan and photocopy in all seven libraries.
Save Paper, Save Money
There are many alternatives to printing that will save money, time, and the environment.
Reducing that amount of paper you use will save your money and help the environment. Here are some tips to reduce your printing costs.
- Use the print preview function to check that there are no extra, unnecessary pages at the end of your document.
- Reduce your font size and page margins, if possible.
- Always use the black & white setting for jobs that do not require colour. Colour printing cost more per side.
- If you are printing PowerPoint slides or notes, change the setting to print multiple slides per page.
USask students also have access to 1 TB of free personal cloud storage through OneDrive for Students offered as part of your USask Microsoft 365 account. With OneDrive for Students you can:
- Access to your files from anywhere – on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices
- Share your files with anyone
- Collaborate in real time with multiple people
- Securely and confidently save files and documents in a single location
Use the Student Printing channel in PAWS to check your account balance, add printing credits, transfer printing credits to another NSID account, find printer locations across campus, and view your transaction and printing history.
Student Printing & Photocopying (CPAS) has more information about campus printing, policies, and troubleshooting.
If you still have questions Ask Us for help.